Pages

July 1, 2012

Maybelline Diamond Glow by Eye Studio 01 Copper Brown Review

The actual photos of the product


It has an instruction on how to use the palette. 

The swatches

Here's how it looked like on my lids. Although I didn't follow the instructions indicated on the label. All I did was to put the second lightest in the inner corner of the lid, the second darkest in the middle and the darkest one in the outer v. I put the one with the lightest color near the brow bone. 


The review


Price and availability: P495 (not really sure about this but I'm pretty sure its P400+) I got this in watsons SM North Edsa about 2 weeks ago. Its also available in maybelline counters. 

Packaging: Its nice. Its very sturdy and does not open that easily so the product is really safe from spilling if you put it in your bag.  

Application and blending: This palette came with its own applicator but I didn't use it because I find it hard to blend using it. So, I used my own eye shadow brush and there are no problems encountered on blending. Its very smooth and easy. 

How long will it last: I think this depends per person. Some people like to hold their lids regularly for no apparent reason. For me, It lasted for about 3-4 hours because I'm one of those who randomly touches their lids. I think for some people, it lasted about 5 hours or so. So after that timespan, you need to retouch your eyeshadow. 

Color and pigmentation: I love the colors! When I bought this, I was looking for an eye shadow that's earth toned so I could use it everyday. So I instantly got this without even swatching the testers available in the counter. Pigmentation, err its pigmented but not that much. Its in between pigmented and not so pigmented because its kind of shimmery and sometimes the shimmer overwhelms the color, especially the lightest one. Though maybe that's the whole point why its called diamond glow. The other 3 shades are tolerable and I think I could use everyday. 

Conclusion: This is an earth toned color that is usable everyday. Though you can also do a party-ish look with it. Something like a brown smokey eye. Please refer to the photo above. Its my attempt to a brown smokey eye. But, if you do want to use this everyday and you're into the natural look, then I think that you should use this palette moderately since its kind of shimmery. This one is perfect for beginners since it has an instruction attached to it. 

Will I repurchase: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment