Pages

April 29, 2012

My Skin Lightening Regimen Products Review

Block and White Ultima Review (P200 plus): 

What the box says:
  • 3-in-1 skin solution formula of intensive whitening
  • SPF/PA+ 20 that block UVA/UVB rays that causes photo aging and skin darkening 
  • Contains glutathione, a known antioxidant that boosts skin lightening
  • Helps lighten skin in as early as 2 weeks
  • It has an advanced age revitalizing formula that simulates skin renewal to reveal younger looking skin
  • reduces the appearance of skin imperfections such as age spots, fine lines, wrinkles and skin blemishes
  • 24 hour moisture



Review: 
Pros:
  • Dries fast
  • Has SPF so, there is no need for you to apply sunblock when going out. 
  • Skin looks glowing/blooming
  • Healthy and pinkish looking skin


Cons: 
  • This lotion is too expensive. 
  • The lotion does not have any bigger sizes so it leaves you no choice but to purchase a lot of bottles. 
  • Also, due to the large surface area of my skin, the 200 ml (2 bottles) lotion which I have bought only lasted for a week. Which means, If I use this for a month continuously while following my regimen (using the lotion twice a day), the amount that I would spend would total to about P1600 which equals to the price of some glutathione brands in the market. 
  • It gave me pimples which I don't normally have. 
  • Too hot for summer use
  • You will feel very greasy when you perspire
For the whitening, I haven't noticed anything significant but I guess it helped in lightening my skin for just a bit. I noticed it when I went outside to go to the mall. My skin looks really blooming. I really loved it! I just used it for a week since its expensive. So I switched lotions. The blooming effect however, seized by the time you stop using to lotion or switch to a different one. 

Will I repurchase? No. 

Rating: 3/5 stars

Kate Jones Products

Kate Jones Kojic Soap Review (P65 each): (Please refer to the picture above)

Pros: 
  • The soap is surprisingly huge and heavy compared to other kojic soaps found in the market. (It has more content)
  • Has a mild tangerine-ish scent
  • Affordable
  • Lightens skin fast
  • Organic/natural
Cons:
  • Stings like hell even with the virgin coconut oil during the first 1-3 days
  • Skin feels dry after use
  • Soap runs out fast.
  • If VCO is not used in preparation for the kojic soap use, skin peeling is visible.
I dont know if you can see but this picture shows the skin peeling caused by the kojic soap. The con can be a pro since it shows how effective it is. I took this photo yesterday. It lightened my skin by a shade. Im pretty sure since the lotion I use is a moisturizing one. 



Will I repurchase? Yes
Rating: 5/5
Kate Jones Coco Puro Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Review (P400 per liter):


Pros:
  • Cheap for a 1000ml bottle (some brands sell 500ml for P300)
  • Has a lot of uses for food supplement, hair nutrition, skin moisturizer and for weight loss
  • Organic/natural
Cons:
  • I cant stand the taste
  • greasy (of course its oil)
Will I repurchase? Yes
Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment