Pages

April 29, 2012

My Skin Lightening Regimen

Who among you girls (and guys) wanted a way to lighten and even out your skin in a natural way? Well, that's what I did in my regimen. If you wanted to lighten your skin, then just follow the steps of my skin lightening regimen. Well its just a bath routine though. 

Please refer to my previous blog post for the reviews. 

I started my skin lightening regimen last month in preparation for the next school year. I wanted to even out all of the tan lines in my arms, legs and my neck. 

Just so you know, I am the kind of person that looks into forums for products and see if its effective based on the experiences of other people. So I choose the products I buy carefully. 



The Routine:

1. For the products, just choose the effective ones that is best suited for you.
2. What you need: Kojic Soap, VCO, Lotion, Sunblock (if lotion has no spf), spray bottle for the VCO
3. Preparation: Spay the VCO all throughout your body and spread. This is to prevent the stinging sensation caused by the kojic acid soap. Using the spray bottle minimizes spilling of vco onto the floor.
2. Lather soap all over the body. In my case, I use a sponge with a handle in places I cannot reach like my back.
3. Leave on the soap for the skin to absorb for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. More than that may irritate skin. (It stings)
4. Rinse soap. Skin may feel a little dry after taking a bath due to the kojic acid soap.
5. Apply lotion to moisturize skin. In my case I used B&W ultima for a week but I switched to St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter. 
6. Use religiously, for twice a day to see optimum results. In my case, I saw visible skin lightening effects (lightened my skin for a shade) in about three weeks. 
7. (Optional) If possible, do not go out of the house for the whole day. If such action cannot be prevented, then use a high spf sunblock and an umbrella. The sun stings lilke hell! Its just too hot this summer!! 

Enjoy! Hope that your skin lightening journey would be a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment