Pages

April 20, 2012

Just cant stop shopping: Watsons Philippines

Girls! (and some guys, maybe?) Have you ever experienced this? One day you run out of something, you go to the mall and just intend to buy that one thing, and then you always end up purchasing a whole lot more than expected?! Well, this is what happened to me just now as I ended up buying all of the stuff in the picture below 


even though I just originally intended to buy the St. Ives, Naturally Soothing Body Lotion: Oatmeal & Shea Butter P239.75.


As I was walking around Watsons, SM Manila (2nd Floor), I saw these square puffs and I remembered that I was running out. One pack (150 + 60 pieces) costs P74.00. Its kinda pricey since other brands only cost P54 below. But then, I saw the tag beside its original price which says buy 1 get 1 for P99.00. After seeing this, my hand automatically grabbed the puffs and into the basket. (I can never let this chance slip by!!! in my mind) It can't be helped. :))) 


I also bought 2 packs of panty liners as a reserve so I wont go and buy again whenever I needed it.

As I went through the next isle, I saw the A Bonne Spa Milk Salt - P75.00. I have never tried this product but people in the forums are raving about this so I am kind of curious. I might as well write a review about it someday when I have tried it. 

I checked out, roamed around the mall and ate my lunch. I noticed a lot of Koreans this day. I don't know what is going on. The mall is packed!!

While eating, there is this little voice that kept on telling me to go to the other watsons branch to purchase the watsons, buy 1 take 1 lotion. Eventually, I lost to the struggle versus the little voice. Unfortunately the promo is not available in the Watsons, lower ground floor so I just walked around and stopped to think whether I should purchase the Solait, 1 application moisturizing lotion 
Photo courtesy: http://www.beautybus.co.uk/skin-care-tips/one-application-sun-lotion-spf-15-30-or-50

which I have been eyeing for months. I stood there for about 10 minutes, I roamed around, and went back again. I got tired so instead I picked up these waxing items below. Veet Cream - P99.75 Epilin - P269.75 - One of the most raved products in the forum. I haven't tried it yet but I guess there is a first time for everybody! 


Again there is this little voice that kept on telling me: If you're going to buy those two, why not add more? So I listened to the voice and picked up the solait sun lotion P184.00 and the buy 3 for P99 watsons face mask (P39.00 each)

I paid for the items and went home at about 12:00pm. I washed my arms and legs, let it dry, then applied on the veet wax cream. Everything went well when I used it on my legs but I have developed an irritation on my arms from using the wax cream. There are little red bumps that looks like rashes on my left arm. 
(Yes, thats an arm, not a leg. >__<)

I took a bath hoping that the redness would cease but unfortunately, it didn't. I have nothing else to do so I removed the rest of the contents from the watsons shopping bag. Little did I know that I made a mistake while reaching out an item, the solait sun lotion: P184.00. I have picked a different variant and I saw that there is a damaged part. 

Disclaimer: This will be a rant
The damaged part is found at the back side of the bottle therefore I was not able to notice it since I picked it up while not looking at the details at the back since I already did that a while ago to the other variant. Well, after noticing the damaged part, I did what most people would do: head back to the mall and exchange the bottle for a new one. 

I went to the mall shortly after I have taken a bath, about 2pm in the afternoon. I complained to the lady in charge. The woman told me that she would not be able to exchange the product because it will be deducted to her salary. (At the back of my mind: I don't care if it gets deducted to your salary. Its your responsibility to check every product in your store if its in good condition plus its only been 2 hours since I bought the product. 5ml of the product was already wasted since she opened it up and some of the product oozed out.) She went to ask the cashier about it, I don't know if its a lie but she said that she did not see anything. Its either a lie because she does not want it to be deducted to her salary or, she really did not see it.  I assume its a lie judging from her facial expression. Were talking about salary deduction here!! They have to do all they can, even lie, just to avoid salary deduction. You filthy humans!!! :))) I am furious. I have not yet used this product and I already hate it!!!! Sooo yeah since I am the nicest person in the world and I was not able to say what I wanted to say, I went home and wasted an hour to a damaged product that I have never exchanged. My wasted hour is more expensive than both of their salary deduction.

Sorry, things went out of control and the last part became a rant. Comparing it to sm grocery, department store or even other malls, the employees would regularly check the "freshness of their product" to ensure the safety of the costumers since it is well established and trusted. If some costumers picked out a damaged product, they would gladly exchange it. The reason why some costumers don't check is because its either they are in a hurry or, they really trust the whole establishment itself. Also, I question the sanitary practices of watsons lower ground floor. Dont they clean? Why didnt they notice the damaged bottle. I assume that its been damaged for a loooong time since there are some scattered lotion in the cover that has already dried up. PS. I am not angry at Watsons. I am just disappointed to the performance of SM Manila branch, watsons lower ground floor employees/staff. People who are not involved should not be offended by this. :) 

Question: For instance, You accidentally bought an expired sausage at 12pm, went back at 2pm and showing the receipt to the employees because you realized its expired. What would be the normal thing an employee/staff/manager would do?

Reflect and answer silently. 

I guess this is my karma for being a compulsive shopper. I swear I will stop, someday.  I didn't really need the sunblock since I have still 2 bottles. Its just upsetting that its damaged even before I was able to use it. I guess there are two sides in everything. They lied/[insert right term here :))], they are happy. I was lied to//[insert right term here :))] and a step to change is realized. Note to self: Don't shop too much unnecessary things. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment